Assessing Credibility of Open Access Journals for Scholarly Publishing
Faculty: Dan Kipnis, Life Sciences Librarian
- Learn the importance of open access publishing.
- Learn some strategies for identifying (top) journals for publication.
- Learn about what to look for in identifying and avoiding predatory publishers.
- Be introduced to resources to help with evaluating open access journals.
Scholarly publishing is an important part of a faculty member’s academic and scholarly life cycle. With the rise of digital publishing, however, it is important to have the tools and awareness to identify quality journals to publish in. In this workshop, attendees will learn what to look for in identifying and avoiding predatory publishers and will be introduced to resources to help with evaluating open access journals. The workshop includes a hands-on activity where attendees will evaluate an online journal for its quality and credibility by applying criteria learned during the workshop and using some tools that the Rowan University Libraries licenses.
Skill levels for attendees: Little to no experience, Some experience
Software requirements: None
- Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:15pm
- Dan Kipnis, Life Sciences Librarian
- Online via WebEx
- Scholarly Communication